Arcellx (http://www.arcellx.com/) is a venture-backed, early-stage biotech company focused on the development of novel cell-based cancer therapies. The company has a team of biotechnology professionals with expertise in biologics discovery, characterization, and development. Lead products will incorporate proprietary technologies that enhance tumor-specific killing by genetically engineered human immune cells. Arcellx’s vision is to bring ARC-sparX platform cell therapies to millions of patients who can self-administer prescribed sparX proteins under the care of academic and community practices.
The Sr. HR Business Partner is responsible for providing HR business support and partnership that results in an engaged workforce and a productive, high-performance business. Based in our Gaithersburg, MD location, this individual will be responsible for supporting the execution of people strategies, driving and supporting day-to-day HR activities, and working with leaders to develop and execute innovative approaches to employee engagement, development, and performance.
- As the “face of HR” in our Maryland office, actively engage with team members at all levels, reinforcing Arcellx’s culture and ensuring we are a great place to work.
- Partner with and influence leaders, proving advice on people and organizational impact of business plans and decisions. Develop and execute change management plans to support the evolution and growth of the business.
- Drive continuous improvement and digitalization of our people processes, developing and continuously evolving our employee lifecycle events so that they are easy, effective, and culture-forward: onboarding, learning and development, rewards, retention, etc.
- Identify and implement strategies and events which encourage employee engagement and brand visibility, including employer-sponsored activities with our patient advocacy partners.
- Analyze people metrics to identify business opportunities, working with leaders to develop and implement solutions.
- Pro-actively partner with Arcellx team members and the Talent Acquisition team to cultivate our employer brand.
Preferred Qualifications and Characteristics:
- Bachelor’s Degree, and 5+ years of Human Resources experience, with exposure to multiple dimensions of the employee lifecycle and HR disciplines (employee relations, compensation, benefits, OD, talent management, talent acquisition)
- Passion for and track record of building great people processes in high-growth companies (experience in healthcare/life sciences preferred)
- High level of personal and professional integrity and ethics (authentic, compassionate, genuine, and honest); good communicator; good listening skills and problem-solver
- Proven success developing and implementing successful people, change, and organizational strategies
- Ability to build trust-based relationships with employees at all levels across the organization
- Able to make decisions despite uncertainty; comfort in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset – proactive, persistent, collaborative, and excited to tackle a wide range of new topics, with varying levels of guidance – and a willingness to flexibly play a wide variety of roles as situations require
- Passionate about helping others develop and become their best selves
- Enjoys partnering with colleagues to design new efforts to meet emerging needs
- Expertly manages deadlines and competing priorities, moving with urgency and focus
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook skills
- Must have strong organizational skills and an ability to handle track and execute multiple priorities.
- Highly motivated, with willingness to acquire new skills and ability to learn quickly.
- Detail oriented, good documentation practices, technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Possess problem solving and analytical skills and be an independent and creative thinker.
- Ability to navigate and be successful in a fast-paced, highly matrixed work environment.
- Interpersonal and leadership skills to work with teams in different functions and organizations.