Arcellx (http://www.arcellx.com/) is a venture-backed, early-stage biotech company focused on the development of novel cell-based cancer therapies. The company is in Gaithersburg, Maryland and has assembled a team of biotechnology professionals with expertise in biologics discovery, characterization, and development. Lead products will incorporate proprietary technologies that enhance tumor-specific killing by genetically engineered human immune cells.
The Sr Financial Analyst/Manager will be responsible for assisting with the budgeting, forecasting, as well as monthly close process. The ideal candidate will be strategic in thinking, analytical in approach, and have the ability to influence decisions through effective communication, financial analysis, logical reasoning, and the creation of alternatives.
- Support the Sr. Director of FP&A with the financial planning, reporting, and budgeting process.
- Utilize understanding of budget and forecast to create high quality variance and trend analysis on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Track projects’ costs against budget, analyze differences to ensure project and departmental budget remain within identified budget limits.
- Track requisitions and obligations against approved budgets.
- Manage accruals such as clinical trial accruals and understand upcoming changes to the strategy and approved budgets.
- Collaborate with the accounting team on the monthly close process and financial reporting.
- Participate in cross-functional models including cost projections and other projects.
- Liaison with various organizations and partner with functional leads to create plans and forecasts, understanding/evaluating key functional drivers
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-5 years general accounting or finance experience
- Knowledge of financial systems and Adaptive Insights a plus
- Ability to work independently and manage competing priorities
- Understanding of US GAAP and financial statements
- Biotech or Pharmaceutical experience a plus
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Skilled in Excel and data compilation and aggregation, including pivot tables, v-lookup, and macros
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels withing the company
- Keen attention to accuracy and detail while under tight deadlines
- Highly organized and efficient with the proven ability to handle multiple projects, think creatively, and set priorities
• Commitment to ethical scientific investigations and rigorous experimental methods.
• Ability and desire to multitask and function in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
• Sense of urgency in performance of duties.
• Interpersonal skills that promote a collaborative and productive lab environment.
• Effective and efficient written and oral communication skills.
Submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Without exception, applicants must submit both a cover letter and resume to be considered for these positions and must have experience in one of the fields listed above.