Arcellx (http://www.arcellx.com/) is a venture-backed, clinical-stage biotech company focused on the development of novel cell-based cancer therapies. The company is in Gaithersburg, Maryland and has assembled a team of biotechnology professionals with expertise in biologics discovery, characterization, and development. Lead products will incorporate proprietary technologies that enhance tumor-specific killing by genetically engineered human immune cells.
The Sr. Research Associate/Associate Scientist is open to highly motivated candidates interested in working in a fast-paced biotechnology company. The incumbent will be part of the Biomarker and Bioanalysis group within Translational Sciences which is responsible for establishing strategies and methods to assess Arcellx’s drug candidates as they transition from preclinical to clinical development. The successful candidate’s primary responsibility will be assay development, qualification, and validation of flow cytometry assays designed to characterize CAR-T and tumor cells from preclinical and clinical studies. Additional responsibilities will include cross-training and support for PK/ADA assays as well as exploratory PD endpoints including genomic analysis.
The main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Perform flow cytometry assays to support clinical trials.
- Generate and characterize critical reagents and controls for use in assay development, qualification, and validation.
- Perform assay development, qualification, and validation per ICH Q2 guidelines
- Responsible for planning, designing, executing, troubleshooting, recording, and analyzing experiments.
- Maintain laboratory records, summarize, and present data in group meetings and contribute to group discussions.
- Maintain a clean and safe laboratory environment.
- Participate in management of laboratory equipment and supplies.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Degree in life sciences (e.g., Biology, Cell biology, Immunology)
- Research Associate – BS with minimum of 5 years or MS with minimum of 2 years
- Associate Scientist – BS with minimum of 8 years or MS with minimum of 5 years
- Experience working with clinical samples and validation of analytical methods per regulatory guidelines preferred.
- Proficient in multi-parameter flow cytometry (>12 colors a plus) and immunostaining.
- Experience with panel design, instrument setup, sample acquisition and data analysis.
- Experience with Flowjo flow cytometry data analysis software.
- Proficiency in analysis and handling of immune cells.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience working in a GCLP regulated environment.
- Commitment to ethical scientific investigations and rigorous experimental methods.
- Ability and desire to multitask and function in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrated experience working on a multi-disciplinary team and ability to integrate cross-functional information.
- Excellent organizational, communication skills, and attention to details
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and analyze and interpret data independently.
- Sense of urgency in performance of duties.
- Interpersonal skills that promote a collaborative and productive lab environment.
- Effective and efficient written and oral communication skills.
Submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Without exception, applicants must submit both a cover letter and resume to be considered for these positions and must have experience in one of the fields listed above.