This position is available to candidates with a PhD degree with 4-6 years of relevant Post-Doctoral research and/or industry experience in the study of lymphocyte function or cancer therapeutics. A successful candidate will work with an experienced cross-functional team responsible for discovery, preclinical target validation, engineering of novel cell-based therapies, and related translational studies. The successful candidate will be a result-oriented self-starter with a commitment to teamwork and reliability.
ABOUT ARCELLX: Arcellx (http://arcellxdev.com/) is a venture-backed, early-stage biotech company focused on the development of novel cell-based cancer therapies. The company is located in Gaithersburg, Maryland and has assembled a team of biotechnology professionals with expertise in biologics discovery, characterization, and development. Lead products will incorporate proprietary technologies that enhance tumor-specific killing by genetically engineered human immune cells.
Specific backgrounds of interest are:
- Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR) T-cells or the investigation of T-cell or NK cell biology
- Solid Tumor Immunology (Tumor Infiltrating Lymphocytes, Myeloid Derived Suppressor Cells, Tumor Associated Macrophages, Regulatory T-cells)
- The use of biologics in anti-cancer therapy
- Coordinating/liaising with contract research organizations (CROs)
- Management of junior staff members (Research Associates)
- Live cell analysis systems (Incucyte)
- Proficiency in cell culture of established cell lines and primary human immune cells
- Design, execution, and analyses of flow cytometry experiments
- Transfection, electroporation, and viral transduction of established cell lines and primary human immune cells
- Experience in the design and execution of cytokine ELISAs or Multiplex Assays
- Experience with PAGE and Western blot techniques
- In vivo animal models of hematologic malignancies or solid tumors
- Live cell analysis systems
- Effective and timely communication of results and relevant scientific literature
- Creative, analytical, and critical thinking focused on advancement of corporate goals
- Familiarity with software including: Flow Cytometry Analysis Software (FlowJo), GraphPad Prism, WORD, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Commitment to ethical scientific investigations and rigorous experimental methods
- Ability and desire to multitask and function in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Sense of urgency in performance of duties
- Interpersonal skills that promote a collaborative and productive lab environment
- Effective and efficient written and oral communication skills
- Commitment to ethical scientific investigations and rigorous experimental methods.
- Ability and desire to multitask and function in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Sense of urgency in performance of duties.
- Interpersonal skills that promote a collaborative and productive lab environment.
- Effective and efficient written and oral communication skills.
- Without exception, applicants must submit both a cover letter and resume to be considered for these positions and must have experience in one of the fields listed above.