Arcellx (http://www.arcellx.com/) is a venture-backed, clinical-stage biotech company focused on the development of novel cell-based cancer therapies. The company has assembled a team of biotechnology professionals with expertise in biologics discovery, characterization, and development. Lead products will incorporate proprietary technologies that enhance tumor-specific killing by genetically engineered human immune cells.
The Scientist/Senior Scientist position is open to highly motivated and dynamic candidates with a background in oncology, immunology, and translational research who are interested in working within a fast-paced biotechnology company. As a member of the Translational Sciences team based in Gaithersburg, MD, you will join other outstanding scientists in advancing Arcellx’s vision of expanding access to cell therapies to millions of patients under the care of academic and community practices.
- Contribute relevant scientific expertise, strategy, and experimentally-derived insights as a member of multidisciplinary project teams working to drive the preclinical to clinical translation of pipeline assets
- Formulate and execute IND-enabling pharmacology, pharmacokinetic and toxicology strategies by applying knowledge of disease-associated pathways, preclinical models, and drug development
- Contribute to the preparation of IND applications and other regulatory documents, as appropriate
- Collaborate cross-functionally to enable translation of preclinical hypotheses into clinical biomarker strategies and to guide patient stratification
- Champion the translation of novel scientific discoveries into technology initiatives or clinical development opportunities
- Design and conduct studies to inform disease area strategy for target selection and validation
- Establish and cultivate relationships with academic and external CRO collaborators for basic and translational research
- Analyze and interpret experimental data readouts and present results at internal meetings and scientific conferences
- Maintain an awareness of new/emerging techniques, tools and clinical findings relevant to the field
- PhD, MD or MD/PhD degree in a relevant scientific field (e.g., cancer biology, immunology, molecular biology, bioinformatics) with minimum of 5 years experience in drug discovery or drug development
- Demonstrated record of research accomplishment as evidenced by publications or major contributions to drug development milestones
- Experience with large, multimodal data sets and familiarity with techniques for exploring associations of biomarkers with clinical outcomes
- Strategic thinker with proven leadership skills and/or prior project team leadership roles
- Proficiency in distilling complex issues and clearly articulating viable paths forward
- Commitment to ethical scientific investigations and rigorous experimental methods
- Ability and desire to multitask and function in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Sense of urgency in performance of duties
- Interpersonal skills that promote a collaborative and productive team environment
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills
Submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Without exception, applicants must submit both a cover letter and resume to be considered for these positions and must have experience in one of the fields listed above.