Job Title: Scientist / Senior Scientist
Job Title Code:
Department: Protein Sciences
Exemption Level: Exempt
Arcellx (https://arcellx.com/) is a venture-backed, early-stage biotech company focused on the development of novel cell-based cancer therapies. The company is in Gaithersburg, Maryland and has assembled a team of biotechnology professionals with expertise in biologics discovery, characterization, and development. Lead products will incorporate proprietary technologies that enhance tumor-specific killing by genetically engineered human immune cells.
We are seeking a Scientist/Senior Scientist to join the Protein Sciences Department (Analytical Development team) in Gaithersburg, Maryland to support CMC development of therapeutic proteins. Candidates must be motivated, energetic, and detail oriented, with experience in analytical method development, characterization, and comparability assessment of protein therapeutics. Understanding of principals and practical applications of HPLC (RP, SEC, IEX), CE, UV/vis, DLS, and mass spectrometry to protein characterization and quantitation is required. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in protein characterization and hands-on experience using analytical tools such as HPLC, LC-MS, and UV/Vis spectroscopy.
Strong assay development, experimental design, and troubleshooting skills are a must. The ability to work on multiple projects with minimal supervision and to clearly communicate results to cross functional teams is critical. The ideal candidate will make detailed observations, analyze data, interpret results, and exercise appropriate technical judgment in the design, execution, and interpretation of experimental data. The candidate will receive general instructions from a supervisor for routine work and new assignments.
- Develop analytical methods to assess product purity and impurity profile
- Apply new cutting-edge technologies such as LC-MS for product characterization
- Provide analytical support to process development and research and discovery teams
- Design and implement testing strategies to conduct characterization and comparability studies
- Troubleshoot and perform routine maintenance of lab equipment such as HPLC, CE and mass spectrometer.
- Scientist: Ph.D. with 0-3 years of relevant industry experience or Masters degree with a minimum of 5 years of experience in biopharmaceutical development.
- Senior Scientist: Ph.D. with 3-5 years of industry experience or Masters degree with a minimum of 8 years of experience in biopharmaceutical development.
- Thorough understanding of protein chemistry, protein-ligand binding and analytical methods used for protein characterization, including mass spectrometric, electrophoretic, and chromatographic techniques, is required.
- Practical and demonstrated experience with chromatographic techniques for protein characterization is required.
- Hands-on experience on protein characterization by mass spectrometry is preferred.
- Ability to critically analyze data, to communicate results, and to author technical reports.
- Excellent record keeping abilities to document analytical data generated in support of regulatory requirements.
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional groups.
- Understanding of GMP requirements and other FDA regulatory requirements associated with analytical testing of biotherapeutics products is desired.
• Commitment to ethical scientific investigations and rigorous experimental methods.
• Ability and desire to multitask and function in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
• Sense of urgency in performance of duties.
• Interpersonal skills that promote a collaborative and productive lab environment.
• Effective and efficient written and oral communication skills.
Submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Without exception, applicants must submit both a cover letter and resume to be considered for these positions and must have experience in one of the fields listed above.