PRIMARY OBJECTIVE: The Scientist position is open to innovative and highly motivated candidates with a Ph.D. degree and 2+ years post-degree experience in protein purification and characterization. A successful candidate will work with a cross-functional team responsible for discovery and development of novel therapeutic proteins. The successful candidate will be a result-oriented self-starter with a commitment to teamwork and reliability. The incumbent will be a result-oriented self-starter with a commitment to teamwork and reliability.
ABOUT ARCELLX: Arcellx (http://www.arcellx.com/) is a venture-backed, early-stage biotech company focused on the development of novel cell-based cancer therapies. The company is located in Gaithersburg, Maryland and has assembled a team of biotechnology professionals with expertise in biologics discovery, characterization, and development. Lead products will incorporate proprietary technologies that enhance tumor-specific killing by genetically engineered human immune cells.
- The main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Provide organizational and hands-on technical support for the production and characterization of preclinical recombinant proteins.
- Implement and execute the purification of novel and diverse recombinant proteins, containing HIS, FLAG or Fc fusions.
- Perform characterization and quality assessments (e.g. SDS-PAGE, HPLC and endotoxin) of purified proteins.
- Perform protein/small molecule conjugations.
- Independently plan, design, execute, record and analyze experiments.
- Write and review technical protocols and reports.
- PhD in the life sciences (e.g. Biochemistry, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biology, immune-oncology), with minimum of 2 years post-degree experience in protein purification and characterization.
- In-depth understanding of recombinant protein expression, purification, analytics and characterization.
- Experience designing and utilizing purification schemes for recombinant proteins derived from multiple protein expression systems (e.g. bacterial, yeast or mammalian systems). Experience with purification from bacterial inclusion bodies. Familiarity with the operation and maintenance of AKTA (or related) FPLC chromatography systems.
- Experience developing and utilizing appropriate methods for assessment of protein quality and biophysical characteristics, such as HPLC (IEC, RP, SEC), surface plasmon resonance (Biacore) and mass spectrometry. Knowledge and experience with biopharmaceutical quality attributes.
- Commitment to ethical scientific investigations and rigorous experimental methods.
- Ability and desire to multitask and function in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and analyze and interpret data independently.
- Sense of urgency in performance of duties.
- Interpersonal skills that promote a collaborative and productive lab environment .
- Effective and efficient written and oral communication skills.
Without exception, applicants must submit both a cover letter and resume to be considered for these positions and must have experience in one of the fields listed above.