PRIMARY OBJECTIVE: Key contributor to the discovery and development of early stage protein and cell-based therapy products. The candidate will bring to the role a strong foundation in recombinant protein production and hands-on experience with protein expression and characterization methods. The successful candidate will work closely with a team of scientists to express, characterize and optimize sparX molecules for a variety of therapeutic targets.
ABOUT ARCELLX: Arcellx (http://www.arcellx.com/) is a venture-backed, early-stage biotech company focused on the development of novel cell-based cancer therapies. The company is located in Gaithersburg, Maryland and has assembled a team of biotechnology professionals with expertise in biologics discovery, characterization, and development. Lead products will incorporate proprietary technologies that enhance tumor-specific killing by genetically engineered human immune cells.
The main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with other scientists to express, purify and characterize recombinant proteins.
- Propagate and maintain mammalian and bacterial cell cultures.
- Perform mammalian protein expression, involving plasmid DNA isolation and transient transfection.
- Purify recombinant proteins using column chromatography.
- Characterize proteins for purity and identity.
- Plan, execute, record and analyze experiments.
- Summarize and present data in group meetings and contribute to group discussions.
- Maintain accurate and detailed laboratory notebook and documentation.
- Participate in management of laboratory equipment and supplies.
- MS in the life sciences (e.g. Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering) with 1 or more years of relevant experience in an academic or industry laboratory. Or BS in the life sciences with 2 or more years of relevant academic or industry experience.
- Proficient with recombinant protein expression methods, such as plasmid DNA preparation, mammalian tissue culture, transient transfection and bacterial induction.
- Experience with protein purification methods, such as capture column chromatography (via HIS or Fc fusion), buffer exchange and protein quantitation.
- Experience with characterization of recombinant proteins, such as ELISA, MSD, SDS-PAGE, HPLC, etc..
- Familiarity with molecular biology methods (e.g. PCR, restriction enzyme analysis, cloning and colony screening).
- Commitment to ethical scientific investigations and rigorous experimental methods
- Ability and desire to multitask and function in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Sense of urgency in performance of duties
- Interpersonal skills that promote a collaborative and productive lab environment
- Effective and efficient written and oral communication skills
Submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Without exception, applicants must submit both a cover letter and resume to be considered for these positions and must have experience in one of the fields listed above.