PRIMARY OBJECTIVE: Key contributor to the discovery and development of early stage protein and cell-based therapy products. The candidate will bring to the role a strong foundation in molecular biology and hands-on experience with cloning and screening methods. The successful candidate will work closely with a team of scientists to identify, characterize and optimize sparX molecules for a variety of therapeutic targets.
ABOUT ARCELLX: Arcellx (http://www.arcellx.com/) is a venture-backed, early-stage biotech company focused on the development of novel cell-based cancer therapies. The company is located in Gaithersburg, Maryland and has assembled a team of biotechnology professionals with expertise in biologics discovery, characterization, and development. Lead products will incorporate proprietary technologies that enhance tumor-specific killing by genetically engineered human immune cells.
The main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with other scientists to design, generate and characterize recombinant proteins.
- Perform selection and screening of phage display libraries.
- Perform subcloning of DNA constructs for expression in bacterial and mammalian system.
- Plan, execute, record and analyze experiments.
- Summarize and present data in group meetings and contribute to group discussions.
- Maintain accurate and detailed laboratory notebook and documentation.
- Participate in management of laboratory equipment and supplies.
- MS in the life sciences (e.g. Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering), with 1 or more years of relevant experience in an academic or industry laboratory. Or BS in the life sciences with 2 or more years of relevant academic or industry experience.
- Proficient with molecular biology methods, including: PCR, gel electrophoresis, plasmid DNA preparation, restriction enzyme analysis, cloning and colony screening.
- Experience with sequence analysis software (e.g. SnapGene, Sequencher, Lasergene, BLAST, etc.), including construct and primer design and sequence confirmation.
- Experience with characterization of recombinant proteins, including: ELISA, MSD, SDS-PAGE, protein quantitation, etc..
- Commitment to ethical scientific investigations and rigorous experimental methods
- Ability and desire to multitask and function in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Sense of urgency in performance of duties
- Interpersonal skills that promote a collaborative and productive lab environment
- Effective and efficient written and oral communication skills
Submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Without exception, applicants must submit both a cover letter and resume to be considered for these positions and must have experience in one of the fields listed above.