POSITION PROFILE: As a member of the Protein Sciences team (analytical), this individual will be responsible for assessing ligand binding activity and purity of proteins using methods that include surface plasmon resonance (Biacore), ELISA, HPLC, PAGE and capillary electrophoresis (CE). The ideal candidate will be motivated, energetic, and detail oriented with background in biochemistry and experience in the analysis of proteins.
ABOUT ARCELLX: Arcellx (http://www.arcellx.com/) is a venture-backed, early-stage biotech company focused on the development of novel cell-based cancer therapies. The company is in Gaithersburg, Maryland and has assembled a team of biotechnology professionals with expertise in biologics discovery, characterization, and development. Lead products will incorporate proprietary technologies that enhance tumor-specific killing by genetically engineered human immune cells.
- Perform routine testing of proteins using the Biacore platform
- Provide support of routine testing using HPLC and CE methods
- Assist in phase-appropriate development of analytical methods
- Analyze results and methods, solve analytical problems, and troubleshoot assays
- Support Discovery testing needs for products in the pipeline
- Follow good documentation practices to ensure data accuracy, integrity, and good record keeping
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years of industrial experience or master’s degree with 0-2 years relevant experience
- Understanding of protein chemistry, protein-lig, binding and analytical methods used for protein characterization will be a plus