PRIMARY OBJECTIVE: The Research Associate position is open to candidates who can demonstrate the ability to thrive in a modern and fast-paced biotechnology environment. A successful candidate will work with a cross-functional team responsible for the discovery and development of novel therapeutic proteins. The incumbent will be a result-oriented self-starter with a commitment to teamwork and reliability.
ABOUT ARCELLX: Arcellx (http://www.arcellx.com/) is a venture-backed, early-stage biotech company focused on the development of novel cell-based cancer therapies. The company is located in Gaithersburg, Maryland and has assembled a team of biotechnology professionals with expertise in biologics discovery, characterization, and development. Lead products will incorporate proprietary technologies that enhance tumor-specific killing by genetically engineered human immune cells.
The main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Working with other scientists to design, generate and characterize recombinant proteins.
- Execute selection and screening strategies used in discovery workflows.
- Plan, execute, record and analyze experiments.
- Master’s in the life sciences (e.g. Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering), with a minimum of one year of work experience in a laboratory setting.
- Proficient with molecular biology methods, including: primer design, PCR, gel electrophoresis, plasmid DNA preparation, cloning and sequence analysis.
- Experience in with characterization of recombinant proteins, including but not limited to ELISA, MSD, SDS-PAGE, protein quantitation, etc..
- Commitment to ethical scientific investigations and rigorous experimental methods.
- Ability and desire to multitask and function in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and analyze and interpret data independently.
- Sense of urgency in performance of duties.
- Interpersonal skills that promote a collaborative and productive lab environment.
- Effective and efficient written and oral communication skills.
Without exception, applicants must submit both a cover letter and resume to be considered for these positions and must have experience in one of the fields listed above.