PRIMARY OBJECTIVE: The Purchasing Clerk reports to the Senior Staff Accountant. Responsibilities include purchasing activities on behalf of internal stakeholders. Places, confirms, and obtains tracking information on all orders for the company based on assignment.
ABOUT ARCELLX: Arcellx (http://www.arcellx.com/) is a venture-backed, early-stage biotech company focused on the development of novel cell-based cancer therapies. The company is located in Gaithersburg, Maryland and has assembled a team of biotechnology professionals with expertise in biologics discovery, characterization, and development. Lead products will incorporate proprietary technologies that enhance tumor-specific killing by genetically engineered human immune cells.
The main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for creating all purchase orders.
- Confirmation of shipment with suppliers.
- Responsible for obtaining tracking information on all orders.
- Follow-up on and track progress of all backorders.
- Strong computer skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications: Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Strong multitasking ability.
- Detail -oriented, clearly able to relay information to others.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with vendors and other employees as well as good Communications Skills and function as a team player.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills for a wide variety of audiences, including senior leaders.
- Possess strong problem solving and analytical skills and be an independent and creative thinker.
- Ability to navigate and be successful in a fast-paced, highly matrixed work environment.
Without exception, applicants must submit both a cover letter and resume to be considered for these positions and must have experience in one of the fields listed above.