Arcellx is seeking a Payroll Specialist to be a key contributor in our Finance department. Candidate will be an “expert” in payroll and in multi-state regulations. Candidate will be the go-to person for all things payroll related, and be the point person during our transition to a bi-weekly payroll processing.
Reporting to our Controller, you will manage our payroll processes and oversee all payroll administration. The Payroll specialist is responsible for monitoring all tasks necessary to accomplish the organization’s payroll processing objectives. The majority of the employee’s time is spent planning, coordinating, managing the functions of the payroll department, and processing payroll. This position requires an extremely detail orientated person with significant knowledge of payroll administration, including state and federal regulations.
- Collecting timesheet data and payroll information.
- Entering data into payroll and administrative databases and software programs.
- Calculating wages, benefits, tax deductions, commissions, etc.
- Preparing and processing payroll
- Maintaining accurate records of payroll documentation and transactions.
- Responding to payroll-related inquiries and resolving concerns.
- Performing account balance and payroll reconciliations.
- Preparing payroll related financial reports for accounting and auditing purposes.
- Preparing periodic payroll reports for review by management.
- Process new state registrations
- Setting up new employees in payroll system
- 3+ years of direct payroll processing experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of local, state, and federal payroll tax laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, Finance or a related field
- Working knowledge of basic accounting principles and payroll practices.
- Experience implementing payroll processes
- Ability to work collaboratively across functional teams.
- Exceptional time management and project management skills.
- Must have sound interpersonal, communication, organization and analytic skills.
- Ability to work in dynamic and fast-paced environment
Desired Additional Qualifications
- CPP certification
- Experience with processing payroll with ADP
• Commitment to ethical scientific investigations and rigorous experimental methods.
• Ability and desire to multitask and function in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
• Sense of urgency in performance of duties.
• Interpersonal skills that promote a collaborative and productive lab environment.
• Effective and efficient written and oral communication skills.