Arcellx (http://www.arcellx.com/) is a venture-backed, early-stage biotech company focused on the development of novel cell-based cancer therapies. The company is in Gaithersburg, Maryland and has assembled a team of biotechnology professionals with expertise in biologics discovery, characterization, and development. Lead products will incorporate proprietary technologies that enhance tumor-specific killing by genetically engineered human immune cells.
Provide assistance to the Sr. Director of Contracts, duties may include but not limited to:
- Draft, review, negotiate basic agreements such as confidentiality agreements, service agreements and statements of work and file a high volume of contracts
- Support administration of the Company’s contract management system.
- Coordinate with other relevant internal business functions, to ensure compliance with the contracts and purchase order process.
- Perform other duties and assist with projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to multitask and reorder priorities.
- Work well under pressure, independently, and on a team.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communications skills.
- Flexibility and ability to proactively assume responsibility and adapt quickly to changes in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent academic training experience.
- Paralegal certificate (a plus).
- 5+ years at a law firm and/or in-house legal department
- Commitment to ethical scientific investigations and rigorous experimental methods.
- Ability and desire to multitask and function in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Sense of urgency in performance of duties.
- Interpersonal skills that promote a collaborative and productive lab environment.
- Effective and efficient written and oral communication skills.
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is required.
Submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Without exception, applicants must submit both a cover letter and resume to be considered for these positions and must have experience in one of the fields listed above.