ABOUT ARCELLX: Arcellx (http://arcellxdev.com/) is a venture-backed, early-stage biotech company focused on the development of novel cell-based cancer therapies. The company is located in Gaithersburg, Maryland and has assembled a team of biotechnology professionals with expertise in biologics discovery, characterization, and development. Lead products will incorporate proprietary technologies that enhance tumor-specific killing by genetically engineered human immune cells.
We are seeking a Manager of Facilities. This position will report to the Sr. Director, Financial Planning & Analysis and eventually to the Director of Facilities. This position is primarily responsible for managing all aspects of facilities operational engineering support, manage business strategies and execution of projects in the areas of mechanical, electrical, and utility engineering. Position will also manage the maintenance and calibration systems for building systems to ensure preventative/corrective maintenance and calibration activities are performed in a timely, efficient, and compliant manner. This position may have responsibility for direct supervision of facility staff.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Act as the primary owner of facility management. Interface with building landlords and their site management.
- Manage, maintain and develop key vendor relationships to support facility operations and
- Established budget and accurate spending projections.
- Mange suppliers and equipment manufacturers; reviews specifications and costs; orders new equipment and parts, to include receiving, shipping and distribution.
- Manage and oversee commercial office cleaning crew and lab cleaning crew.
- Schedule and coordinate the actions and projects of facilities management to effectively service the needs of the office and lab facilities.
- Oversee and direct any performance management, training, development, job descriptions, and safety procedures for any direct reports.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in a fast paced and fluid environment.
- Practical application of problem-solving techniques related to definition of root cause and generation of corrective actions.
- BS in Engineering discipline preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in pharmaceutical or laboratory facility operations management
- Experience in managing engineering staff and activities preferred.
- Management of facilities equipment repair/preventive maintenance programs.
- Proven success in managing and delivering cross-functional tasks with effective liaison between EH&S, IT, Security and Procurement, including external contractors, vendors, professional consultants, and Fire/Building/Planning/governmental agencies
- Must be self-motivated, have good interpersonal skills, capable of analyzing and solving complex problems through innovative thought and experience
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional practical problem-solving skills, and communication skills
• Commitment to ethical scientific investigations and rigorous experimental methods.
• Ability and desire to multitask and function in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
• Sense of urgency in performance of duties.
• Interpersonal skills that promote a collaborative and productive lab environment.
• Effective and efficient written and oral communication skills.