Arcellx (http://www.arcellx.com/) is a venture-backed, early-stage biotech company focused on the development of novel cell-based cancer therapies. The company has a team of biotechnology professionals with expertise in biologics discovery, characterization, and development. Lead products will incorporate proprietary technologies that enhance tumor-specific killing by genetically engineered human immune cells. Arcellx’s vision is to bring ARC-sparX platform cell therapies to millions of patients who can self-administer prescribed sparX proteins under the care of academic and community practices.
The Head of Talent Acquisition is an essential role, responsible for all dimensions of talent attraction and acquisition at Arcellx. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, this individual will develop the Arcellx employer brand, manage and build our Talent Acquisition team, and ensure we deliver on our goal of being a destination of choice for diverse top talent. This company-wide leader will work closely with hiring managers, key leaders from all teams across Arcellx, and internal and external partners to deliver innovative practices and outstanding results.
- Lead, scale and develop the skills of all members of Arcellx’s Talent Acquisition team
- Drive the development of diversity recruiting initiatives
- Manage end-to-end talent acquisition process and implement continuous improvements to ensure consistency, efficiency, candidate engagement and high levels of satisfaction
- Partner closely with key leaders and hiring managers to ensure achievement of business objectives through the hiring of diverse top talent across all teams
- Partner with leaders to establish annual and/or quarterly headcount and hiring goals
- Set and regularly manage, and widely report progress against annual and quarterly OKRs for Talent Acquisition with particular focus on DEI goals
- Design and develop interview and other training opportunities
- Support continuous improvement in our candidate experience and on-boarding of new hires
- Co-lead the development of employer branding effort – defining and building key strategies, messages, media channels and collateral
- Work with key leaders and hiring managers to regularly iterate on existing processes and/or innovate to create new approaches based on the changing landscape, workforce composition, and business needs
Preferred Qualifications and Characteristics:
- Bachelor’s Degree, and 7+ years of leadership experience in Talent Acquisition in a variety of roles across candidate lifecycle (employer branding, sourcing, interviewing, hiring, reporting, on-boarding, etc.)
- Passion for building, leading and scaling Talent Acquisition teams for high-growth companies (experience in healthcare/life sciences preferred)
- Proven success attracting talent to organizations in high-growth phase, with strong TTF metrics and low <1 yr. turnover rate
- Ability to build trust-based relationships with employees at all levels/units across the organization, as well as externally
- Commitment to coaching, creating opportunities and skill-building of team members
- Able to make decisions despite uncertainty; comfort in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset – proactive, persistent, collaborative, and excited to tackle a wide range of new topics, with varying levels of guidance – and a willingness to flexibly play a wide variety of roles as situations require
- Passionate about helping others develop and become their best selves
- Enjoys partnering with colleagues to design new efforts to meet emerging needs
- Expertly manages deadlines and competing priorities, moving with urgency and focus
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook skills
- Must have strong organizational skills and an ability to handle track and execute multiple priorities.
- Highly motivated, with willingness to acquire new skills and ability to learn quickly.
- Detail oriented, good documentation practices, technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Possess problem solving and analytical skills and be an independent and creative thinker.
- Ability to navigate and be successful in a fast-paced, highly matrixed work environment.
- Interpersonal and leadership skills to work with teams in different functions and organizations.