Arcellx (http://www.arcellx.com/) is a venture-backed, early-stage biotech company focused on the development of novel cell-based cancer therapies. The company has a team of biotechnology professionals with expertise in biologics discovery, characterization, and development. Lead products will incorporate proprietary technologies that enhance tumor-specific killing by genetically engineered human immune cells. Arcellx’s vision is to bring ARC-sparX platform cell therapies to millions of patients who can self-administer prescribed sparX proteins under the care of academic and community practices.
The Director of HR is a business-focused leader who works closely with operational leaders to create and execute the vision, direction, strategy, tactics, and operational excellence of our Human Resources function in order to support Arcellx’s growth and success. It is a highly visible role, reporting to the Chief People Officer.
The Director works with leaders at all levels on team and individual effectiveness, and people strategies. Leveraging experience and partnering with colleagues, the Director helps develop people policies and practices, and will work with leaders to analyze problems and create solutions in a complex, changing environment, working across multiple geographies. This individual plays a key role in employer branding, employee engagement, corporate culture, talent planning and development, ultimately contributing to our high-performance workforce.
- Lead and support people engagement initiatives that drive company culture, employee engagement, and retention, including engagement and employer-sponsored activities with our patient advocacy partners.
- Provide support and guidance to people leaders on managing individual and team performance.
- Leverage business acumen, HR knowledge and professional experience to promote and develop people strategies that drive business performance; identify opportunities and solutions to emerging issues in the organization and promote a positive workplace climate.
- Partner with colleagues to create and drive diversity and inclusion efforts that create a best-in-class work experience for all employees.
- Collaborate with leaders to assess current and future business needs to ensure a balance between optimal staffing and effective cost management.
- Partner with business leaders to ensure fair and consistent interpretation and application of policies and procedures.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis and use the information to assist the People team and leaders to execute people and business initiatives, processes, and programs efficiently and effectively, including compensation and performance management.
- Design and implement new employee-related approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity, and development.
Preferred Qualifications and Characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree, and 9+ years of experience within Human Resources, with increasing levels of responsibility and leadership
- MBA a plus, as is HR certification, e.g. PHR/SPHR, HRCI; experience working for a biotech is preferred
- Hands-on experience with HR operational practices, including benefits, employee relations, data management, leave management, on/off-boarding, and employment law (COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, ADA, EEOC, FLSA, etc.)
- Strong sense of urgency and demonstrated ability to deliver results with a wide degree of judgment, creativity, and latitude expected
- Track record of success in tackling unfamiliar tasks and situations; a resourceful self-starter
- Excellent priority setting and project/time management skills with the flexibility and demonstrated ability to respond to shifting business needs
- Ability to analyze and interpret quantitative and qualitative data, identify inaccuracies, and tell a meaningful story from the data
- Well-honed communication, listening, presentation, and facilitation skills
- High professional standards and a strong customer experience mentality with an energetic, positive attitude can quickly build partnerships, relationships, and trust
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook skills
- Must have strong organizational skills and an ability to handle track and execute multiple priorities.
- Highly motivated, with willingness to acquire new skills and ability to learn quickly.
- Detail oriented, good documentation practices, technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Possess problem solving and analytical skills and be an independent and creative thinker.
- Ability to navigate and be successful in a fast-paced, highly matrixed work environment.
- Interpersonal and leadership skills to work with teams in different functions and organizations.