Arcellx (http://www.arcellx.com/) is a venture-backed, early-stage biotech company focused on the development of novel cell-based cancer therapies. The company is in Gaithersburg, Maryland and has assembled a team of biotechnology professionals with expertise in biologics discovery, characterization, and development. Lead products will incorporate proprietary technologies that enhance tumor-specific killing by genetically engineered human immune cells.
The Director, Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting will be responsible for all aspects of the external financial reporting documents including the preparation of quarterly and year-end financial statements. In addition, this position will be responsible for the accounting for all equity-based transactions, operating and finance leases as well as new accounting standards. The Director, Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting also supports and assists with the implementation, maintenance and review of internal controls and corporate policies and procedures.
- Manages and oversees the preparation of all quarterly and year-end financial statements.
- Responsible for managing the accounting and reporting for all equity-based transactions, all operating and finance leases as well as new accounting standards.
- Assists with technical accounting research and documentation of new policies and procedures.
- Monitors the development and applicability of emerging accounting and reporting rules being deliberated by the SEC, US GAAP, and other regulators.Partners with leaders in accounting to
- Partners with leaders in accounting to ensure appropriate internal controls exist in the accounting process and related information technology applications and processes, and that proper documentation exists for financial accounting processes and financial reporting processes.
- Assists the Corporate Controller with the review of month-close, including review of the Consolidated financial statements.
- Assists external auditors during quarterly reviews and year-end audit.
- Assists the Corporate Controller with assigned special projects.
- Assists with the implementation, maintenance and review of internal controls and corporate policies and procedures.
- Recruits, trains, and develops direct reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (Master’s Degree in Accounting or MBA is preferred)
- CPA certification is required
- 7-10 years of progressive accounting experience
- 5+ years of SEC reporting experience is preferred
- Experience in Life Sciences industry is preferred
- Big 4 Public Accounting experience preferred
- Strong and extensive knowledge of SEC reporting and US GAAP
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in writing technical accounting memos
- CPA (Required)
· Ideal candidate will possess a “can do” attitude with a “will do” work ethic
· Interpersonal skills necessary to build effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization
· Strong organization, prioritization, project management and consulting skill set
· General computer skills – Microsoft Office, Outlook
· Highly organized, strong attention to detail
· Strong work ethic, high integrity
· Excellent communication skills
• Commitment to ethical scientific investigations and rigorous experimental methods.
• Ability and desire to multitask and function in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
• Sense of urgency in performance of duties.
• Interpersonal skills that promote a collaborative and productive lab environment.
• Effective and efficient written and oral communication skills.
Without exception, applicants must submit both a cover letter and resume to be considered for these positions and must have experience in one of the fields listed above.