Accounts Payable Specialist
The Account Payable Specialist will provide essential support for finance team at Arcellx. The ideal candidate has excellent attention to detail, has strong communication skills and can work independently; the candidate must enjoy a fast-paced environment and enjoy learning and applying new concepts to improve our processes and procedures.
- Respond to external vendors and internal managers regarding all aspects of the accounts payable process, including processing invoices for payment, recording sales tax, assisting with bank reconciliations, and providing credit application responses to vendors.
- Research information to provide accurate and timely solutions to internal clients and vendors at multiple locations.
- Verify the accuracy of vendor invoices and confirm that the correct general ledger account codes are used.
- Generate payment to vendors on a routine schedule and match the check with backup for review by the financial manager.
- Inspect paid and unpaid invoices including cleared payment inquiries and check voiding to maintain accurate files and records according to company standards.
- Review automatic payments to ensure correct coding and authorization as well as sufficient contracts and documentation.
- Develop and maintain a filing system for financial information, records and documents to ensure easily available information.
- Monitor account balances, track expenses, prepare analyses of accounts and related financial activity to produce monthly financial reports.
- Assist in preparing 1099 forms at the end of the year
- 3+ years of Accounts Payable experience – including vendor setup
- Bachelor’s or associate’s degree in accounting, finance, or related.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong problem-solving skills and work ethics
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Keen attention to detail.
• Commitment to ethical scientific investigations and rigorous experimental methods.
• Ability and desire to multitask and function in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
• Sense of urgency in performance of duties.
• Interpersonal skills that promote a collaborative and productive lab environment.
• Effective and efficient written and oral communication skills.