Arcellx (https://arcellx.com/) is a venture-backed, early-stage biotech company focused on the development of novel cell-based cancer therapies. The company has assembled a team of biotechnology professionals with expertise in biologics discovery, characterization, and development. Lead products will incorporate proprietary technologies that enhance tumor-specific killing by genetically engineered human immune cells. Arcellx’s vision is to bring ARC-sparX platform cell therapies to millions of patients who can self-administer prescribed sparX proteins under the care of academic and community practices
Arcellx is seeking a Vice President, Investor Relations to join this fast-paced, high-growth biotechnology company and be an important part of the mission to develop novel, adaptive and controllable cell therapies for the treatment of patients with cancer and autoimmune diseases. The Vice President of Investor Relations (VP of IR) is a critical leadership role which manages the strategic planning, ongoing development, and coordination of all investor relations activities to enhance Arcellx’s impact among our stakeholders, including the investment and marketplace communities where we operate. This person is responsible for broadening and increasing shareholder value, and acts as a corporate spokesperson for protecting the integrity and reputation of the organization
The VP of IR reports to the CEO and has significant interaction with the Executive, Commercial, Clinical, Discovery and Legal & Finance teams and must demonstrate clear ability to communicate and work effectively in a team environment.
- Upholds and lives Arcellx values, and actively propagates the Arcellx mission.
- Partners with CEO and executive management at Arcellx in developing the strategy for investor relations.
- Responsible for all aspects of Investor Relations, including forming and executing the Company’s IR program, helping shape and effectively communicate the Company’s strategic direction, and establishing and maintaining effective relationships with key analysts, stock exchanges and the investment community.
- Manages the internal and external investor relations activities, acting as a spokesperson for the Company to introduce, position, and market the Company to current and potential investors.
- Plans and manages the annual investor relations event calendar, including investor conferences and road shows, the annual shareholder meeting, and quarterly earnings announcements.
- Oversees and manages the strategic focus and content development of investor presentations, management scripts and Q&A for quarterly earnings calls and materials for the Board of Directors.
- Drafts press releases, transcripts and other key communications, announcements and conference call materials.
- Advises executive management about financial and industry trends, shareholder concerns, and competitor actions that may impact the Company.
- Monitors changes in SEC regulations or other legal precedents to ensure a “best practices” approach to investor communications.
- Reviews and maintains peer analysis by tracking and reporting competitive intelligence to relevant departments by listening to earnings calls, speaking with analysts, attending conferences, following news flow.
- Performs yearly and quarterly market analysis, including assessing competitive landscape across relevant technologies and indications and assesses competitive market dynamics and timelines.
- Partners with Business Development, Commercial & People teams to promote proactive public relations opportunities.
- Supports executive team in building out various financial models and analyses.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with the Cell Therapy and Oncology industries.
- MBA and 15+ years of finance and/or healthcare industry experience; including a minimum of 10 years’ experience managing Investor Relations, Investment. Banking/VC/PE, Corporate Finance, Strategic Planning and Analysis.
- Pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry experience required, oncology and/or cell and gene experience is a plus. Experience leading the investor relations strategy and programs of a public company preferred.
- Strong financial analysis skills and solid market and financial knowledge of the business.
- Significant experience in communicating with investors about potential investment in stocks.
- Demonstrated analytical problem-solving and decision-making skills. Highly-developed ability to describe the technical aspects of our business in terms various audiences can comprehend.
- Strong understanding of SEC disclosure rules and regulations and high-level understanding of financial statements and valuation models.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally as required.
- Technical Experience: 10+ years’ experience in investor relations, investment banking/VC/PE, corporate finance, and/or strategic planning and analysis.
- Industry Experience: Biotech experience is strongly preferred. Select “best athletes” from highly regarded and credible businesses in other industries will also be considered.
- Business Mindset/Stakeholder Management Skills: Demonstrable track record of successfully partnering with a range of senior stakeholders, including the C-suite, Board of Directors, and external constituents – including key investors – on a variety of strategic initiatives.
- Credibility and Network: A deep industry network and disclosed relationships with tier one funds to help promote Arcellx and diversify the investor base.
Submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Without exception, applicants must submit both a cover letter and resume to be considered for these positions and must have experience in one of the fields listed above.